Friday, February 22, 2008

Winter Extravaganza

For Reading Week I joined the Outdoor Club, actually Yuval and Dan, for a trip to Silent Lake Provincial Park. We stayed there for 4 days (3 nights), being taught all the secrets of winter camping. This included sleeping in a yurt, quinzee (kind of like an igloo, but less room inside), and for some in a wall tent. The trip also featured soap stone carving, snow shoeing, wilderness first aid, navigation, and - last and maybe even the best - dog sledding. The survival skills I've learned even include lighting a fire in the cold and chopping wood ;-) We had a great trip with a nice group and perfectly prepared leaders. As usual, I've got a lot of photos (>200) and I've selected some for you to view in my photo album.

1 comment:

imi said...

hiii
zu eurem eassa hättscht mi net ilada müassa, igid.nicht in details tät da Kiki säga.Bohnasuppa oder eintopf??
Jo des war für die sicher ein erlebnis.Do hät d Julia o mitgmacht
Gruass Ma